Secondary Schooling: Initiating a Scholastic Renaissance
Boon School: The Masters of Education
Boon School offers co-education to students from LKG to Grade X. The School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, (CBSE). Secondary level of school is the decisive phase in the scholastic preference of a student. Children study various subjects by scrutinizing and not by scanning as at the Primary level. Each concept in every topic of the respective subjects is analyzed and examined in the class-room by the student under the teaching and supervision of the teacher.
Boon School has proffered a 360° turnaround to the conventional teaching-learning methodology. The improved approach is to tackle the issue at the core level in order to introduce a fresh and novel learning methodology. It believes that every subject is significant in carving a different field altogether and contributing to life and career in equal measures. It is then up to the discretion of the students, under the guidance of the teacher, to choose a career in any subject / field depending on their strengths and weaknesses, besides opportunities to grow. At Boon School , students are groomed for a professional career.
Choosing a Career without Flipping a Coin
Boon School curriculum clears the mist that stands between the student and the subject. Students then grasp all subjects likewise with clarity. The scenario now becomes comprehensive because all subjects excite the mind. In the same positive way the result is that, career decisions are deferred to a later point of time with thorough comprehension of all the subjects
- We have an integrated syllabus which is framed based on Syllabus prescribed by, CBSE Board .
- We are aiming to cover the syllabus in a ideal way by integrating the concepts from all the Boards’ syllabi in a chronological order without repetition and interception of topics.
- IIT foundation course starts from class VI along with higher orders thinking skill (HOTS) questions being practiced.
- For IIT JEE/AIEEE/EAMCET/AIIMS/AFMC exam preparations trained faculty has been appointed. The faculty works as a team to give intensive coaching in Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology to students of SECONDARY LEVEL.
- The school has adopted the methods of formative teaching along with the CCE (Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation) in better and spirit.
Integration of audiovisual teaching with the conventional teaching is an important feature of Boon School Teaching system.
Project-based learning offers a wide range of benefits to both students and teachers. For students, benefits of project-based learning include
- Increased attendance, growth in self-reliance, and improved attitudes toward learning
- Academic gains equal to or better than those generated by other models, with students involved in projects taking greater responsibility for their own learning than during more traditional classroom activities.
- Opportunities to develop complex skills, such as higher-order thinking, problem-solving, collaborating, and communicating
- Access to a broader range of learning opportunities in the classroom, providing a strategy for engaging culturally diverse learners
By doing the experiments’ in the Laboratory students will develop the subject knowledge and understanding and also, intellectual abilities, practical skills like data recording and analyzing skills and experimental design – problem solving and analyzing skills, transferable skills.
Health and wellness, and character education are common themes in all schools today; all are focusing on educating the whole child, mind, body and spirit. Yoga, by nature, supports this learning. In SCTS we are following the same
Benefits of yoga to support the education of the whole child:
- Provides students healthy ways to express and balance their emotions
- Promotes a more relaxed, comfortable state of being – the perfect state for teaching and learning
- Encourages community and connectedness within the classroom
- Helps to create an atmosphere of confidence, enthusiasm and non-competitiveness where everyone can succeed
- Eases anxiety and tension (such as pre-test or performance jitters)
- Enhances focus, concentration, comprehension and memory
- Provides opportunities for reflection, patience and insight, reducing impulsivity and reactivity
- Supports social and emotional learning
- Improves listening skills
- Enhances organizational and communication skills
- Improves mind/body awareness and connection
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Encourages respect for oneself and others
- Creates a calm, harmonious classroom
The Language club in the school is mainly focus on enriching the knowledge and global skills of the students by
- Improve pronunciation
- Develop fluency in speaking and conversation
- Build vocabulary
- Learn essential grammar
- Improve reading and writing skills
SMART Living Programme
OBJECTIVE: The “SMART LIVING” Programme (Self discipline, Moral values, Awareness on health, Responsible towards society, Technological advancement ) is a step towards our goal of imparting PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT & VALUE EDUCATION to our student community, and thus serving our society as a whole.
- “Today’s children are tomorrow’s citizens.” So, moulding our children today, igniting them with PERSONAL VALUES like Self Discipline, Moral Values, Health Awareness, Economic Awareness, Awareness on Indian Heritage, Good habits, Responsible towards Society, Benefits of yoga & meditation , are the ways and means aiming to create an ‘All-round Development’among students.
- “SMART LIVINGProgramme” is an attempt to prepare our future generations to cope with the challenges and changing realities of today and tomorrow.
- “Value cannot be forced but be imparted through education.” So, through this programme we are trying to ‘combine Knowledge, Discipline & Values’which can create a Responsible-Disciplined- knowledgeable- moral society. This is a step forward in implementing our commitment towards the society.
- The SMART LIVINGprogramme is a blue print which enables our school to create a structure for Value Education and Personality Development combined with Knowledge and Wisdom.
Every month, we will be concentrating on a particular topic related either to the personal development or issues related to social awareness that are having an impact in the students’ lives.